NHS 119 is available in British Sign Language (BSL) for Covid-19 tests and vaccinations.
NHS 119 BSL is available for all enquiries relating to:
- making an appointment to attend for a test,
- enquiring about test results,
- arranging delivery and collection of a home test kit,
- making an appointment for a Covid-19 vaccination,
- and communicating with staff at Covid-19 vaccination centres.
For vaccination appointments: you will be asked questions to assess whether you are eligible for a vaccination, and if so, be given an appointment to attend for the vaccination.
This exactly matches the services that 119 provides for hearing people.
How to call NHS 119 BSL
Deaf BSL users can call 119 via the SignVideo app (previously was on InterpreterNow), or on a PC at signvideo.co.uk/nhs119/
Watch, share and download the latest COVID-19 information and guidance available in BSL.
Support in the midst of the crisis
SignHealth has taken on new activities and services to ensure we can support the health and wellbeing of Deaf people under the shadow of a global pandemic.Our Coronavirus Response