Location: Leeds Social Care Services
Salary: £9.07 Per hour + holiday pay
Hours: 40 Hours per week, subject to a rota
- Do you have the ability to communicate in British Sign Language?
- Do you have knowledge of the deaf community and mental health issues?
- Do you have an NVQ Level 2 in Health and Social Care or the Care Certificate?
Then you are a great fit to join our team as an Adult Social Care Support Worker!
Here at SignHealth, we are currently looking for someone independent, dynamic, compassionate and hardworking to take on the exciting challenge of providing high-quality health and social care support to Deaf individuals, many of whom have mental health conditions.
Begin your career with us by joining our 12-week intensive training and development programme!
What to expect?
- During your first 12 weeks, it’s all about training and development. You will learn how to support people with complex needs, including those with mental health conditions.
- You will follow a 40-hour week rota and be paid for each day of training you complete.
- Once you pass the training, you will officially join our team!
You will then be offered to work a variety of different shifts which will include days, waking night shifts and weekends. Your work will make a huge difference in the lives of deaf people who need support!
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Support Worker, you will undertake a range of tasks, such as working closely with our clients to develop supportive relationships, encouraging independent skills, providing emotional support, creating personalised plans and ensuring a professional service is maintained.
You will liaise with statutory authorities to fully access new referrals and review social workers and other professionals. The work you will carry out is interesting, challenging and rewarding.
Due to the nature of this position, you will need to have a minimum of level 2 British Sign Language, as well as understand the importance of sensitive data and storing data in line with GDPR regulations, care regulations and the CQC.
If you have knowledge of safeguarding, working with young people, adults at risk or adults in crisis under your belt this would be helpful too – but not essential.
Why choose SignHealth?
SignHealth is a passionate and unique Deaf led charity, committed to creating a future where there are no barriers to good health and well-being for Deaf people.
In fact, well-being is the heart of everything we do! It’s not just about our clients, it’s about you too.
As a SignHealth employee, you will receive:
- 25 Days of Annual Leave, pro rata for Part Time staff
- 5 Days per year of paid Study Leave
- Long Service Annual Leave Rewards
- Free of Charge DBS Certificate
- Paid Training and Development to further your BSL knowledge
- Sick Pay
- A generous defined contribution pension scheme, we pay 6% after successfully passing probation
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Interest free bicycle loan to travel to work (Dependent of role location)
Let’s get you on board to start your SignHealth Journey!
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in, we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please contact Annette Roebuck at email@example.com with your CV and Supporting Statement.
For this post, the below checks will be carried out prior to employment:
- Enhanced DBS Checks
- Satisfactory reference checks: receipt of employment references which cover the last 5 years.
- Evidence of Covid-19 Vaccination’s (Both doses)
- Evidence of Right to work in the UK