Location: Head Office is Balham, London – but we can be flexible on location
Salary: £23,546 per annum
Hours: 12 Month Fixed Term Contract, Initially. Potential to extend beyond. – Full time 37 hours per week
Closing Date: 9am Monday 15th June
Interviews: Friday 19th June.
About the role:
As Community Engagement Officer you will be responsible for community engagement work across England to promote mental health awareness and services to older Deaf people, whose language will be predominantly British Sign Language (BSL). A key outcome will be to see an increase in referrals by older Deaf people into the Psychological Therapy Service.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Research on the issues affecting older Deaf people’s mental health and need for support
- Plan, design and deliver a community engagement programme of activities
- Build and develop networking relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage budget and expenditure for the community engagement programme
- Establish a monitoring and evaluation system in order to measure success against objectives
This is an amazing opportunity for a motivated individual with lived experience as a deaf person or within a Deaf environment.
Key skills and experience include:
- BSL as first language or minimum CACDP level 3
- Experience of working with Deaf people of different ages
- Experience of managing a project and organising events
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
You may also have experience in areas such as: Community Engagement, Project Management, British Sign Language, Community Engagement Coordinator, SEN Sensory, Deaf & Blind, BSL Support, Community Development Officer, Services Manager, Community Engagement Coordinator etc.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with your CV & cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this opportunity. You can also use this email address if you have any questions about this job.