Job Title: Specialist Support Worker (2 x positions available)
Location: Bowfell Road, Manchester
Salary: £12.50 per hour
Position 1: 40 hours per week, will include day, evening, weekend & sleep shifts. 12 months fixed term contract
Position 2: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday varied times between 9am-7pm. 12 months fixed term contract
Closing date: TBC
If you have the passion to make a difference, have experience outlined below and you are interested in working for SignHealth we would be delighted to hear from you:
We are looking for people with:
- Experience of working with varying degrees of deafness, including those who are culturally deaf
- British Sign Language (BSL) or a willingness to learn BSL
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience of working with people with Learning Disabilities and/or Mental Health challenges where diagnosis is complex and may present challenging behaviour
- Experience of working in supported living services/or residential care services
- Experience of Prevention Management of Violence and Aggression (PMVA) or are you willing to undertake this training
You will become a key worker to a specific client, supporting them with independent living skills, emotional support, monitoring of their medication and where appropriate maintain safety, privacy and dignity in accordance with CQC regulations and organisation policies and procedures.
For more information, watch or download the job description below:
SignHealth are a passionate and unique Deaf led charity, committed to creating a future where there are no barriers to good health and wellbeing for Deaf people.
We will work alongside you during your career with SignHealth to maximise your full potential with training and development to help you become the best you!
Working with your line manager you will receive an in-depth induction to give you great insight into our charity and what we do.
You will find out the role you will play in helping SignHealth deliver its mission.
Join our learning pathway with BSL, we offer paid training and development to further your BSL knowledge.
Wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do! It’s not just about our clients, it’s about you too.
Being a SignHealth employee you will also receive:
- 25 days holiday per holiday year plus bank holidays (pro-rata)
- 2 wellbeing days (pro-rata)
- After 3 months auto enrolled in the NOW pension scheme at prevailing rates
- After successful completion of probation period (normally 6 months) eligible to join Scottish widows pension employee contributes 5%, employer 6%
- Eye care vouchers
- 5 days paid study leave per year (CPD) (pro-rata)
- Expenses policy which allows payments for items when working away from home
- 2x salary life assurance scheme (death in service)
- Fully funded BSL training
- Generous sick pay policy
- Perkbox (including 25 flexible points every month)
- Refer a friend £200 voucher for both the referee and referrer.
Let’s get you onboard to start your SignHealth Journey!
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in, we would love to hear from you!
We positively encourage applications from deaf people, disabled people, people of colour and people from the LGBT+ community. We will support all applicants along the journey of our recruitment process.
Contact email@example.com with your CV and Supporting Statement.
Offers of work are subject to: Enhanced DBS checks, Right to work checks, Satisfactory references and Medical Health clearance.