Are you up for the challenge? This is a once in lifetime opportunity to take part in the iconic London Marathon and experience the unforgettable atmosphere of running through the streets of London! Join 50,000 others to run the world famous route with crowds of spectators cheering you on all the way. This is the first time the London Marathon is back after Covid in its usual format in April, and will take place on Sunday 23rd April 2023.
Join our team of SignHealth runners and we will support you with every step! #TeamSignHealth
Are you considering applying for a place in the London Marathon? In order to run the London Marathon for SignHealth you will need to raise £2000 in sponsorship. We only have a limited number of spaces so would like to hear your reasons for choosing to run for SignHealth. We will consider all applications and will invite you to a short interview. If you are successful in gaining a place we will ask you to pay a £50 deposit which will be refunded to you when you achieve your fundraising target.
If you are interested in applying, email Jon Brown: firstname.lastname@example.org
Got a ballot places secured already?
If you have already secured a place in the ballot, we still would love to have you in Team SignHealth and fundraise for us. We will support you in the same way as we would support all our runners and provide you with a personalised SignHealth running vest.
Please contact Jon Brown for more information: email@example.com
Why run for SignHealth?
SignHealth is a national deaf health charity. Their aim is to improve the health and wellbeing of deaf people across the UK ensuring Deaf people get the same access as hearing people to healthcare and information. Deaf people experience increased health inequalities compared to hearing people. This is because access to medical services and health information often isn’t provided in sign language.
Our vision is a world without barriers to good health and wellbeing for Deaf people. We provide a range of health and social care services in British Sign Language (BSL) specialising in mental health:
- 24/7 Residential care for Deaf people with complex mental health needs
- Community Outreach for Deaf people
- Advocacy for Deaf people sectioned under the Mental Health Act (1998)
- Psychological Therapy in BSL – through NHS referral including online therapy
- The only crisis support service for Deaf people experiencing domestic abuse
- Healthy relationships workshops for Deaf children and young people
How will we support you?
- You will receive support from our Supporter Engagement Officer throughout your marathon journey
- We will provide advice with fundraising and tips to help you to maximise your fundraising
- You will be running as part of a team of runners who you will meet with regularly to share tips and training updates
- You will receive a personalised SignHealth running vest
- We will be there to cheer you on the day!
Please contact Jon Brown by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to apply to run for SignHealth. We will arrange for an interview to discuss your reasons for joining team SignHealth and how you will meet the fundraising target of £2000. If you are successful then we will email you to offer you a place.
You will need to pay a £50 registration fee and set up a fundraising page on JustGiving with a target of £2000. If you are successful in fundraising the £2000 target we will refund your registration fee.
You need to start training now! You could join your local running club or take part in your local Park Run. We will provide you with the TCS London Marathon running plans which will guide you through your training and runs over the next six months. We will also be on hand to support you with your training.
If you have any further questions or want to know more, please contact Jon Brown by email email@example.com